Forming an Association
Alumni associations are organized by groups of alumni with common study background or interest in promoting fellowship among members and supporting the development of the University. The University and the Alumni Affairs Office welcome and encourage the setting up of new alumni associations by alumni groups. If you have formed, or are thinking of forming an alumni group, please email us for assistance.
1. Set up a core group
A core group of at least 5 members will be necessary to start up the executive/ organizing committee or to facilitate the establishment of such a committee. These individuals may eventually take up key posts in the executive committee, such as Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary, etc. An audience threshold should be met before starting up a new alumni association (e.g. there shall be no fewer than 100 graduates).
2. Inform Alumni Affairs Office
Inform the Office of the intention of the association's establishment for advice on the incorporation format.
3. Furnish a constitution
Furnish a constitution for the association. Associations could be registered under local laws and regulations. The preparatory committee shall prepare the constitution according to the corresponding registration requirements.
· Provide the constitution or documents equivalent, the list of executive committee members and contact information of the association to Alumni Affairs Office for review.
· The Office will screen the documents and submit eligible applications to the Committee of Alumni Affairs. Response to applications will be delivered within 10 working days.
· Registered alumni associations will be listed in official media, including the Alumni website, the WeChat Official Accounts of Alumni Affairs and the ‘Besides Fairy Lake’ WeChat Mini Program.
1. Helping you contact other alumni
The Alumni Affairs Office can help you invite potential members to your new alumni association inaugural event.
2. Publicity via Alumni Affairs Office
All alumni associations can publicize their events and latest updates via various channels by Alumni Affairs Office, such as the Alumni website, the WeChat Official Accounts of Alumni Affairs and the ‘Besides Fairy Lake’ WeChat Mini Program.
1. How should a new alumni body register with the University?
Prior to its formal establishment, a prospective alumni association/body is required to submit the constitution or documents equivalent, the list of executive committee members and contact information of the association to the Alumni Affairs Office. Evaluation and registration procedures will be done through the Alumni Affairs Office. The alumni association/body approved for establishment will be included in the official list of CUHK-Shenzhen alumni associations.
2. Who should I contact if I would like to register an alumni body within schools/colleges/programs?
· You may contact the corresponding liaisons to find out if similar association is in the progress of registration:
· If no repetition is found, application can be conducted as instructed.